2018 Yahoo Sports Daily Fantasy Perfect Lineup Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The 2018 Yahoo Sports Daily Fantasy Perfect Lineup Contest (“Contest”) is a contest of skill. The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years or older (or the age of majority in the player’s state of legal residence (19 in AL and NE, and 18 in all other states), whichever is greater) as of the time of entry. You must have a Yahoo account (available for free) and the ability to create Fantasy teams (available for free) via the https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy website (each user being a "Player" and together the "Players"). The Contest is void in Quebec, overseas U.S. territories, possessions, military installations, and commonwealths, and where otherwise prohibited by law. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Yahoo Fantasy Sports LLC (“Yahoo” or "Sponsor"), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, underwriters, and promotional companies, any other participating prize sponsor, and any entity involved with or otherwise providing services or prizes related to this Contest, (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Contest Entities"), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, domestic partner, or spouse of any of the foregoing) and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to win. The Contest is also subject to the Daily Fantasy Terms of Service, available at https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/terms/product-atos/dailyfantasy/index.html. All U.S. federal, state, and local, and Canadian federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. Sponsor: Yahoo Fantasy Sports LLC, 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA, 94089.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes Player’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins when a Player registers for the Contest as described below and ends at the conclusion of the last game scheduled during Week 17, or if a Winner is determined in a Weekly Round (defined below) prior to Week 17, whichever comes first (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Participate:
There will be 17 weekly rounds of the Contest, (each round a “Weekly Round”) relating to a subset of the upcoming week's National Football League (NFL) games (known as that week’s “slate”). Each Weekly Round will begin at the start of the first game of the slate and close at the end of the final game of the same week’s slate. The final Weekly Round will relate to the 17th game week of the NFL season, with the first game of that slate currently scheduled to commence on December 30th at 10:00 a.m. PT, when the final Weekly Round will begin. The final Weekly Round, and the whole Contest, will close at the end of the final game of the final Weekly Round’s slate. The Contest can have a maximum of 1,000,000 Players. Any attempted entries to the Contest after this number of Players has been reached will not be accepted.
The Contest will be promoted at the following URL: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/league/5018/overview. To enter the Contest you must log into your Yahoo account (or create an account for free if you are not already a Yahoo account owner) and visit the Daily Fantasy page or section within the Yahoo Fantasy app and click to “Join” the Yahoo Cup Perfect Lineup Contest. From there, you will be able to create your Daily Fantasy team by selecting a line-up of players for the current Weekly Round, in accordance with the rules of Daily Fantasy https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/terms/product-atos/dailyfantasy/index.htm (for guidance on how to play Daily Fantasy, including scoring, choosing a line-up and managing your team, please take a look at our help pages). After that, your place in future Weekly Rounds will be reserved with an empty lineup; you may edit your Fantasy team line-up at any time while each Weekly Round is open. After the conclusion of all games in the Weekly Round’s slate, your Fantasy team’s performance will be scored in accordance with the rules and player scoring found here: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/help/nfl/rules.
Limit: You may only register for the Contest one (1) time during the Contest Period. Players registering for the Contest using multiple Yahoo user names/accounts will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the holder of the Yahoo account associated with a particular entry, the dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the authorized holder of the Yahoo username and password associated with the account (based upon information submitted at the time the account was created or updated upon registration for this Contest), and, if available, the "authorized email account holder" of the "alternate email address" provided when the Yahoo account was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If there is a discrepancy between the name of the person listed as the authorized holder of the Yahoo account, and the authorized email account holder of the alternate email address provided when the Yahoo account was created, that Yahoo account will be disqualified and any potential prize will be forfeited. A potential Prize winner may be required to provide Contest Entities with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder for each of the credentials described above.
6. Winner Determination: In order to win the Grand Prize, a Player must achieve the perfect score for a Weekly Round by selecting those players who score the highest number of Fantasy points during that Weekly Round, subject to the restrictions imposed on a Player's ability to submit a valid Daily Fantasy team line-up during the Weekly Round in accordance with the Daily Fantasy rules (a "Perfect Score"). Fantasy points will be final and perfect lineups determined after Yahoo finalizes the Weekly Round, at the conclusion all games in the slate. Any stat corrections that come in after the slate has been final scored will not be counted and/or accepted for purposes of the Contest.
If, for any reason, the number of games in a Weekly Round is less than the number of games per round as outlined below, Yahoo may, in its sole discretion, withdraw the Grand Prize.
Week 1: 13 games
Week 2: 14 games
Week 3: 14 games
Week 4: 13 games
Week 5: 13 games
Week 6: 13 games
Week 7: 11 games
Week 8: 11 games
Week 9: 11 games
Week 10: 12 games
Week 11: 11 games
Week 12: 11 games
Week 13: 14 games
Week 14: 14 games
Week 15: 12 games
Week 16: 15 games
Week 17: 16 games
There is only one Grand Prize available during the Contest which will be awarded to the first Player who achieves a Perfect Score. Once the Grand Prize has been awarded, no alternative prizes will be awarded to any Player who achieves a Perfect Score for subsequent Weekly Rounds of the Contest. If two or more or more Players achieve a Perfect Score in the same Weekly Round and no Perfect Prize has yet been awarded, the Grand Prize will be divided equally between those Players. The Grand Prize may only be awarded once, so, for example, if a Player in the U.S. is awarded the Grand Prize in a Weekly Round, it is no longer available for Canadian Players in future Weekly Rounds.
7. Winner Requirements: Potential winner(s) will be notified by Sponsor by email within 5 business days after the winning Weekly Round. The potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability Waiver, W-9 Form, and where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received by Sponsor or its agent, within seven (7) days of the date notice was sent in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner forfeits the prize and the prize will remain unawarded. Participation in the Contest and/or acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each Player’s (including winner’s) agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the Player’s/winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photograph, picture, statements about the Contest and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
8. Grand Prize:
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE MAY BE AWARDED IF A PLAYER ACHIEVES A PERFECT SCORE BY SELECTING A PERFECT LINEUP: One Million U.S. Dollars (US $1,000,000) (the “Grand Prize”). If there is more than one confirmed winner in the same Weekly Round, the Grand Prize will be divided equally among all confirmed winners in that Weekly Round. Winner may access cash prize winning from their Yahoo Fantasy Sports Wallet once funds have settled. Request for access to funds will be honored by the later of five business days of the request or ten business days of the submission of any tax reporting documentation required by applicable law. Available funds in the Yahoo Fantasy Sports Wallet will be credited directly into the winner's PayPal account at the winner’s request, or such other means as Yahoo determines in its sole discretion. Please review the PayPal User Agreement at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full for more information.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
9. Release: By participating in the Contest, Players agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Player’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Player further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Player waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment, if a Player selected a perfect lineup. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual if finds to be in violation of the Yahoo Daily Fantasy Terms of Service at https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/terms/product-atos/dailyfantasy/index.html. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Contest Entities assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, jumbled, garbled, or scrambled entries or communications, or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, entries or communications. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, data entered by participants, or registration in the Contest. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, effects of hackers, software, email, players, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, that may occur (including but not limited to any such problems which may result in the ability to access the Contest microsites or to process any transaction(s) in connection with the Contest). Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest, or any of its respective components are not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or any other causes beyond the control of Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or the affected component thereof, and, in its sole discretion, to award the Prize only within that portion of the Player group not affected by the disruption, if any Player selected a perfect lineup. In addition, should the 2018 professional football season be postponed, shortened, interrupted, modified, or cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
12. Disputes/Governing Law: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
(1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH BELOW, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION;
(2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND
(4) PARTICIPANT 'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY), AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
All issues and questions regarding the rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, County of Santa Clara. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, County of Santa Clara (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant, and if not, as determined by the arbitrator), and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
14. Winner’s List: Should the prize be awarded, you may obtain the winner’s name by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Yahoo Sports Perfect Lineup Winner, c/o Yahoo Fantasy Sports LLC, 701 1st Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Requests must be received by March 1, 2019.
© 2018 Oath Inc. Yahoo! and Yahoo Sports are trademarks of Oath Inc. All rights reserved.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities are not sponsors or participants of this Contest in any way.