This page describes our privacy practices with respect to Yahoo Smart TV.
Yahoo User Account
- You do not need to be a registered Yahoo user to use Yahoo Smart TV although some Yahoo TV apps may require sign-in to Yahoo.
- Once signed-in to Yahoo, you are not automatically signed-out once the TV app is closed. You can sign-in and sign-out of the Yahoo account associated with individual profiles in the Settings menu.
Non-Yahoo Content and Service Providers
- Yahoo Smart TV offers TV Apps from other content and service providers, but does not share your information with those providers without your consent.
- You do not need to sign-in to Yahoo to use non-Yahoo branded TV apps.
Yahoo Smart TV Platform
- The Yahoo Smart TV Platform automatically checks for updates.
- The Yahoo Smart TV Platform supports the Yahoo login, so some TV apps built by Yahoo can access password protected data associated with your Yahoo ID, such as your Flickr photos and Yahoo Finance portfolio.
- When your Smart TV contacts Yahoo servers, it sends information that can help enhance your experience, which may include: a unique identifier number, your IP address (https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/topics/ipaddress/index.html), and viewing data.