Yahoo Developer Network
Yahoo Developer Network is a site where developers can access Yahoo Web Services (also known as the Yahoo Web APIs). Yahoo Web Services enable application developers and researchers to integrate Yahoo's internet content and services with their content and applications. You need to have an Application ID in order to use the Yahoo Web Services.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- Before accessing the Yahoo Web Services, you will need to get an Application ID. Information collected on the Application ID page may be used by Oath to contact you if there is a problem with your application. You will be asked to provide a Yahoo ID and an optional alternate email address for contacting you.
- Access to the Web Services is rate-limited based upon the user's IP address. Oath logs IP addresses for each Web Service during a 24-hour period on a per-IP basis in order to determine the number of API calls made by an IP address during a specific window of time.
- If you wish, you may download a free Software Developer's Kit containing libraries and examples in various languages to help you get started on your applications. Oath logs the number of downloads made from the site.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Whenever you use a Yahoo Web Service, you are required to provide your Application ID as a parameter to the Web Service request. The Application ID is used to identify each application.
- In the future, information about your application's popularity may be made available to you through the Yahoo ID associated with the Application ID
- Please see Yahoo Developer Network FAQ if you have questions about this service.