About Your Choices
Oath believes in providing you with choices regarding the data we collect and use to build experiences we offer to you across the Oath brands, websites, apps, advertising services, products, services or technologies (‘Services’). Read on for more detailed information regarding these choices below. You can also visit the Oath privacy controls to manage your Oath Service settings.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- You may be able to configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies or notify you when a cookie has been set. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you reject all cookies or certain similar technologies, you may not be able to use Oath Services that require you to ‘sign in’, and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. Please note that deleting the cookies in your browser may, in some cases, cancel your opt-out. The Digital Advertising Alliance offers Protect my choices, which will help ensure that your opt-out settings through the DAA consumer choice page persist regardless of whether you delete your cookies.
- Some technologies may use information from your device or device’s connection other than what is provided by your browser, which means you may not be able to control their use through the same browser tools and settings you use to control browser cookies. For example, the Adobe Flash Player is an application and web tool that allows rapid development of dynamic content. Flash (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your browser.
- While it is not possible to turn off all advertising, you do have choices:
- Oath participates in multiple regional self-regulatory bodies and is committed to adhering to their principles for online behavioural advertising. While distinct, these entities are all cooperatives of companies committed to building responsible advertising policies across the Internet. To learn more, please see them listed in Ad serving.
- Oath offers built-in controls to personalise your experience. You can opt out of receiving interest-based ads from us when you browse the web by using Oath privacy controls. Your opt-out choices will only apply to the browser and device you are using when you opt out, unless you have registered with our Services and are logged in when you opt out. If you opt out of receiving interest-based ads from us, we will not use your information for the purposes described in database match and append processes, and you will no longer receive interest-based advertising.
- If you opt out of advertising personalisation, you will continue to see ads, but they won’t be customised by Oath to your interests or search history.
- Even when you opt out of interest-based ads, we may still use information we obtain from your uses of our Services for fraud, security, analytics, research, Services innovation and improvement, and attribution purposes.
- You can, in many cases, opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that serve ads on Oath Services by visiting our Third parties on Oath page.
- You can edit your Oath account information, which may be used to select ads, at any time.
Managing Your Location Information
See Oath privacy controls for details on managing your location information.
- You may be able to opt out of providing Oath with precise location information and having that information shared with third-party groups by adjusting the settings on your device. Please note that you may need to adjust multiple settings, and not just your location preference, to opt out of providing Oath with precise location information. If you subsequently opt in to sharing location information for an individual service, your location information will be shared with that service. If you opt out of providing Oath with precise location information, we may continue to derive your approximate location from your IP address and other information we may collect. For more information, please review your app and device settings. Visit our Location opt-out help page to learn more.
- You can view, add and delete your location information from the location settings controls available within the Oath privacy controls page.
If available, you may be able to manage your location(s) within the apps themselves. Note that if you consent to share your location information within a particular app, your location information collected from within that app may continue to be shared even after you have opted-out on your device.
- If you’ve not logged into an Oath mobile application on your device or have not arrived at the opt-out page from an Oath mobile app, please use the mobile operating system’s controls to opt out of personalized ads. Even when not logged in, Oath may use your device identifier or other identifiers to associate users, devices, and accounts with each other or with those in a similar location, such as in a household.
- Once you’ve logged in to Oath brands or Services on your device, Oath may recognise your device and provide you with a personalised experience (even if you log out). In most cases, we refer to your Oath Service settings when collecting and using this information. Your device's privacy settings may not provide you with full control over your privacy but you can control Oath ad targeting and personalisation directly through Oath Privacy controls.