This page describes Oath's privacy practices with respect to your location information.
Collection of Information
To provide you with more relevant experiences, Oath may collect or derive your location, including:
- Pinpointed Physical Location
If you provide permission through your device, browser, or with Oath directly, Oath may obtain pinpointed physical location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity.
- Content you provide
- Oath may collect location information from content you provide including attachments, photos, videos and other information
- Locations You Entered
- Oath may collect locations that you searched for in certain brands, websites, apps, advertising services, products, services or technologies (“Services”) (such as Search and Maps).
- Locations added by you through the Location Settings page are also collected by Oath.
- You may be asked to provide a location such as postal code. Oath may use this information to provide a starting point for location-aware Services.
- IP Address
- Oath may use your IP address to derive information about where your device is generally located. Please refer to IP Address for more information.
- Oath may work with select partners to obtain location information about some of our registered users. For more information see Appended and Matched Data.
- Oath may receive location data from third parties that you have linked your account with. See Oath Privacy Controls for your options regarding your accounts for Oath products or Services.
Use of Information
Oath may access, store, and use the location information described above to provide Services such as: enhanced location based services, serve location-targeted advertising, search results, and other content. Oath may maintain a history of your locations. Refer to the "Managing Your Location Information" section below for more details on your control of this information.
Other uses of location information may include determining the appropriate language for presenting a website, conducting product analysis, and assisting in the detection of fraud and abuse.
Oath may classify your location as "Current" and/or "Favorite" locations. Visit our Location Help Page to learn more.
Sharing of Information
- The Verizon Family of Companies and Partner Location Information
- As part of the Verizon family of companies, Oath and its affiliates may share the location information it receives among other Oath affiliates, including the Verizon family of companies and any companies that become affiliates. Oath affiliates use the information consistent with their privacy policies.