Information collection and use practices
- Browser apps for Yahoo7 products and services are extensions of those services and the a privacy information page for each will reflect our privacy practices as though you were using that service in a web browser.
- We track clicks on our browser apps for reasons that include improving our products and services.
- Toolbar apps are buttons that allow you to interact with web services provided by Yahoo7 and third parties.
- When you use a Toolbar app to access third-party services such as Facebook, Yahoo7 does not track activities within the panel where you interact with that third party. That third party may collect information within the panel as you interact with its services.
- Web Usage
- Some browser apps, including Yahoo Toolbar, may share non-personally identifiable information with Yahoo7 about your device and the sites you visit to help us personalise your online experience, detect malware and other software that injects or blocks advertisements, and improve our products and services.
- When enabled, these types of app will transmit information to Yahoo7 about the web page you’re visiting. This information may include the complete website addresses (URLs) from all web pages you visit, referring and redirected URLs, IFrame URLs, script calls, names and URLs of pop-up windows, unique Toolbar identifiers, product performance data such as page load speed, the effect that the advertising blocking and/or insertion software has on such web pages, device ID and other information provided by your browser including yahoo.com domain cookies.
- All yahoo.com domain cookies are transmitted automatically to us by your browser when this feature is enabled. Yahoo7 selectively records only certain yahoo.com cookies with usage data for that particular Yahoo7 app and does not store cookies that contain or are associated with Yahoo7 account IDs.
- The setting for this feature is independent of other privacy preferences that you may have expressed to Yahoo7 or made in your browser. For example, this setting does not change the selections you made in the Ad Interest Manager and vice versa, i.e. selections that you made in the Ad Interest Manager do not affect the collection of information through this feature. You can disable this feature at any time through the options for the browser app you’re using. From the respective extensions manager, click “preferences” in Firefox and “options” in Chrome. If you’re using Yahoo Toolbar, you can also click the gear on the right side and choose the settings menu.
- Software detection
- Some of our browser apps will automatically detect other software installed in your device for purposes that may include identifying software that injects or blocks advertisements, determining if the software is involved in fraudulent activity, and finding software that is a network security threat. The app will collect identifying characteristics and other details about such software.
- We may use the information gathered to help diagnose problems with and improve our products and services. We may also help other companies by providing details about the scope and nature of how they are impacted; however, this will not include personally identifiable information.
Updating or Deleting Information
- By default, Yahoo7 Toolbar settings are stored on the computer where Toolbar is installed. Sign in to the Toolbar and save your settings to store them in your account and use them across different browsers or devices.
How to Uninstall
- You can uninstall browser apps you no longer wish to use. Uninstalling an app does not affect your account, will not alter your cookies, nor limit your access to other Oath services.
- Visit the Firefox Extension Manager. From the top menu, go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions; or copy and paste the following in the URL bar of the Firefox browser: about:addons
- Visit the Chrome Extension Manager. From the Chrome menu, go to Tools > Extensions; or copy and paste the following in the URL bar of the Chrome browser: chrome://extensions/
- Internet Explorer
- Uninstall from the Windows Control Panel.
- Please refer to our Help pages for more information.